Thursday, November 5, 2009

Oooommmmmm....

Namaste! I gave my first official yoga class last night at Yoga Sala. It was a hot yoga class (which I will be teaching 3 times a week, and shamelessly promote attendance), and it felt awesome. I love being able to see people's faces after class, the smiles, the look of relief (relief that it's over, or hopefully relief that yoga has released some unwanted stresses). The class focuses on detoxing the body through sweat, twists, breathing exercises and compression postures, and detoxing the mind through balancing postures and light meditation. I had my second class this morning at 7:00am (YIKES) but it was awesome. The sun was shining, and as class was ending you could hear the rest of the city waking up. So cool. I really love all the people at the studio, too, so that makes going there even better. I'm lucky to be a teacher at Yoga Sala! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment