Sunday, November 8, 2009

Fresh Fruit (Juice) Frenzy!!

Today, the weather is GORGEOUS! For being November 8, wearing just a t-shirt is quite a treat. This morning we had brunch with some of Ferhat's friends at Liva, which is quickly becoming my favorite brunch spot. Afterwards, I came back to the house and worked on painting the kitchen table (new post on that soon), since the weather was SOOO fab. Rearranged the house a little, then went to get groceries...including tons of, you guessed it, FRESH FRUIT. Now if you know me, I'm not so crazy about fruit juice. It has to be pulpy and preferably fresh...which is why fresh fruit (and our radical juicer) is a treat for me. Tonight, I made lemonade, and a delicious combo of pomegranate, grapefruit, mandarin, and orange. I need to find a better way to filter it so that the pulp from the citrus fruits can squeak through, without the pomegranate seeds sneaking in. Ah well.

I should also add that for the third time, I am soaking beans in an attempt to make kuru fasulye...these are new beans, from the kuruyemis stands behind Samanpazari (yes, I went back on Saturday). Hopefully they work!

No comments:

Post a Comment