Thursday, October 29, 2009

When Life Hands You Lemons...

Yes, as the saying goes: When life hands you lemons, make lemonade (or the alternate version, make a margarita--your choice).

So when life handed me the worst batch of kuru fasulye (white beans) the other day, I made two delicious alternate appetizers. Since the beans royally sucked (they fell apart as I cooked them), I reserved half of them and added the others to the "fake" kuru fasulye (which I made more like a pilaki, actually, with carrots and potatoes). Since the consistency was very non-kuru fasulye-ish or pilaki-ish, I used my handy hand mixer and made something of a spread for toast. I must admit, it is quite delish. With the other half of the mashy beans, I made a tasty white bean puree, adding garlic, olive oil, chicken stock and lemon juice.

So when life hands you crappy kuru fasulye, puree it! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment