Monday, October 26, 2009

I surrender! Let the blogging begin...

I know, I know...Blogging is SO 2000. But in spite of the snickers I'll receive from my techno-savvy friends, I'm starting a blog.

As my close friends and family know, I was married in July 2009 and moved to Ankara, Turkey in October. Already having lived in Istanbul a few years ago, I'm pretty familiar with Turkish culture, cuisine and whatnot. However, this place will never cease to amaze me, and I hope to use this blog as a tool to encourage people to get to know Turkey, become friends with it, and maybe even stop by and say "merhaba" one day.

In the short time that I've been here already (and yes, gasp, it's almost been a month), my jaw has admittedly dropped more than a few times, my mouth has curled up in a smile, my eyes have popped open and cried tears of joy, and my tummy has been the most consistendly delighted it's been in, well, a very long time (don't be offended, mom--your cooking is still #1).

I have a list of things and photos of these various things all ready to go. Yavas yavas (i.e. when I am in the mood), I will get around to posting them in a reasonably fashionable fashion.

Hold on tight...this is gonna be a wild ride... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment