Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Turkish Style Pesto

Of course this recipe for pesto is really no different from other pestos, but I decided to call it "Turkish style" because I use a Turkish cheese instead of parmesan, and it turns out equally (I'd even venture to say MORE) delicious!

Pesto Parts:

  • 2 bunches of fresh basil, washed and stems removed
  • 1/4 c pine nuts
  • 3-4 cloves garlic
  • 1/4-1/3 c grated aged (eski) kasar cheese (if you can't find it, you can substitute parmesan here)
  • 1 1/2 c olive oil
  • Salt
Pesto Preparation:
  • Place the basil, garlic and pine nuts in the food processor and pulse until smooth
  • Pulse in the cheese
  • While blending, add in the olive oil until smooth
  • Add salt to taste 
I luuuhuuhhuuve pesto, and this was a treat to make. My favorite preparation of it is to stir into cooked pasta with chopped grape tomatoes and roasted pine nuts. Deeelish. 

Afiyet olsun!

No comments:

Post a Comment